Saturday, May 18, 2013

Andrew's Baptism

We had Andrew baptized last weekend, on Mother's Day. Brian and I also joined the church. It was such a great weekend. We had been talking about joining the church lately and I knew I wanted Andrew baptized at some point. A few weeks ago, we got an email from our Pastor that she had gotten a new assignment at a different church. 
 (Group picture after church)

We were so bummed about the new assignment. As much as I am used to that growing up in the Methodist church, I have never liked it. We started attending this church last October and have just truly enjoyed it. 

(Pastor Barbara & Andrew)

We love having a female pastor and she just provides really great messages every Sunday. We are going to miss her so much but when we got that email, I knew we wanted to join and have Andrew baptized before she left. 



(Oh, this crazy boy thought he would just take care of this baptizing thing himself - it was hilarious!)

So anyway, we picked Mother's Day to do all of this and both of our parents were able to be there. It was such a special, special day. 


(Love our little family)

It was really a great weekend. We had beautiful weather and just were able to hang out and relax all weekend. 

(great pic with all the grandparents)

We are so blessed to be a part of this church and I hope we can get more involved. I am excited for Andrew to have a church to grow up in just like I did. The people at Eylau UMC still hold such a special place with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment