Monday, March 19, 2012

Rock me to sleep

 I'm selfish. I should put him down in his own bed because he is already asleep and we are both sweating from our closeness. 
 But I'm selfish and I rock him just a little bit longer.
 I love his tiny, tight grip on my shoulder and the soft combing of my side with his other hand.
 I could probably fall asleep in the rocker with him if I let myself. 
 He is such a sweet boy and one of my favorite parts of the day is bedtime, not because he is finally asleep for the night but because I get to rock that cutie to sleep and snuggle with him.
 And honestly, it's about the only time that he is a snugglebug. 
 Mom says I was the same way - always wanting to be sitting up watching what is going on and never with my head in her shoulder.
 I appreciate the independence that he has already but I also know that he is already growing too fast and I absolutely savor these precious moments.
 We had his 4 month appointment today so I've updated that post with his stats. He's a tiny boy! :) 
*These pictures are from my phone that I haven't posted since the first of March. Just random stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment