Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Visit from Great-Grandparents

We have been down for the count the past week and a half. Andrew had his first sick doctor's appointment on March 5th. He was running a fever and had a nasty cough/snotty nose. He had a cold. We were supposed to have family pictures that day but we canceled. Brian and I stayed home with Andrew on Monday and then I stayed with him on Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon, I started feeling crummy. Turns out, my allergies started acting up. Andrew went back to daycare on Wednesday and I worked half a day but went home at noon to rest. I felt like poop. Well, then, Brian got the cold that Andrew had. So he stayed home on Thursday. We were a miserable little family. Although Andrew was back at daycare, he was still having trouble sleeping because of all the snot and drainage. Anyway, we are on the mend. Andrew is still snotty, I'm still coughy (I know, not a word) and Brian is still wheezy (he has asthma, which makes everything worse). But we are on the mend. :) 

We spent this last weekend just being lazy. It was rainy on Saturday so we hung out and watched movies. Then Sunday, we just got out and went to Sam's. It turned out to be a beautiful day so I got out and walked with Andrew in the stroller. Hopefully that will become a daily thing. He loves the stroller. 

All of that to say, I haven't posted this until now because of all the sickness. The first weekend in March, my grandparents came down to visit with my aunt and uncle. It was the first time they got to meet Andrew. 
 Andrew and Papa
 All the great-grandkids that were there. 
 Smiles from Gigi and Taren.
 Gigi likes to pet baby Andrew. :) too cute!
 It is something special to see your grandparents get to hold your child. I only get to experience that with one set of grandparents but I know that Grandma and Pepaw would be just as in love if they were still here. 
 Andrew got lots of love pats and we are already looking forward to seeing them again. Hopefully we can plan a trip in the fall sometime. 
 We hung out after they left. Here is Mr. Smiley before he got that cold!
My parents are coming in tomorrow and we are excited to have them. We have a few things planned but mostly Brian and I are looking forward to having someone to watch Andrew so we can catch up on a little sleep. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment