Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break Part One

We had such a great spring break. My previous post had some pictures that I took on my phone but here are a few (actually a ton!) from my big camera. 

We started off spring break by hosting our women's tennis team at our house for a fajita dinner. This is such a fantastic group of girls and I was excited to have them come over. Of course, Andrew loved them! He is a such a ham and loves the girls. They played all evening and gave out hugs when everyone was leaving. 

My parents came down on Sunday and stayed through Thursday morning. They helped us paint the living room/kitchen/dining/entry and we got that done in one day. After that, we did a few other house projects, including installing Andrew's swing that he got for Christmas. 


I had every intention of doing that since Christmas but didn't have a large enough drill-bit. So Pops took care of it. 


And as you can tell, he loves it. Brian said the other day, he got in the swing and just watched the trucks behind our house. They are clearing out land behind us for more houses and he loves watching the "tucks". He also likes to sit in the swing and look for birds. 


This boy is just too cute!


Then on Wednesday, we loaded up and went down to San Antonio for a visit to the zoo. He really liked some of the animals. Some, he just didn't even care about. 





He loved watching the elephants, monkeys and especially the bird exhibit. There was a petting zoo at the end that he also loved. There were goats and pigs - poor things :)


They had these brushes that you could use on the animals. My mom hated this part because one of the goats licked Andrew's hands (I'm sure bc there were graham crackers all over them) but he loved it - so Twiggs sacrificed :) 


Sidenote: These overalls are 9 month size and I absolutely adore them. He was only able to wear them like twice because of the weather but I was able to fit him into them one more time. He looks like a little explorer in them. They are now vacuum bagged in his closet :)


Oh, the pigs! There were about 4 of them laying by the exit to the little farm. And all the kids were just all over them, mostly brushing them. Andrew was so excited about them - he petted them, pounded on them and stuck his hands in their mouth. A couple started grunting at him and I had to climb over young children to make sure my young child didn't get eaten by a pig. It was chaotic but he was so funny about them. 


Family Pics before we left. 


Please notice that he is pulling on my mom's neck. I didn't post the next picture where he was actually pulling on it - it made me laugh pretty hard but my mom would probably kill me. :) 


My parents left on Thursday morning and we had such a great time with them. They helped with a ton of stuff and we were able to relax some too. We ate at Chuys on the way home from the zoo (yummy!) and Andrew went without a real nap on zoo day but it was a blast! 

Gonna post a part 2 for the second part of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment