Saturday, May 26, 2012

First Swim

The weekend of May 5th, my sister came down here to visit and hang out. We really don't ever do anything special - just hang out and have some seester time. And now she gets a little Drewbie time in too :)

We decided on that Saturday to go swimming at our friend's house, Laurie. It is a little early into the swimming season although it was probably 90 degrees. The pool was quite chilly to Andrew's first swim but he looked so darn cute. 

Here he is waiting on us to get ready. This looks just like my dad when we float the river :) haha
He was just chillin...
We took off the swimsuit after pictures because it was just too big. It is a 6 mo swimsuit and it goes down to his ankles!
He wasn't too sure at first. I don't think he minded the water, just the temperature. He cried a little bit at first. We also tried him in the float but the seat sat too low and he didn't like it. So Aunt B took the hit and dipped into the cold water with him. 
He really ended up doing so well. I love this picture of the two of them. He is so silly and it always talking or making noises. I'm pretty sure that he was getting ready to blow some spit bubbles or something. 
And here he is afterwards. He did so good and thought the towel was yummy too. He didn't get as worn out as I thought he would. I was expecting a sleep through the night tired baby, but that's okay. :)

The week after this swim, Drewbs got a nasty double ear infection. That was terrible - he had a fever of 103.7 and I was miserable for him. The antibiotics kicked in so fast and he was good in a matter of a day. He had to take them through the week while my mom kept him and he did pretty well with them after the initial fit throwing. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment