Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jackie's Baby Shower

We had a great baby shower for Jackie on Thursday! Laurie and I hosted it and for our first shower, I think we did a great job. I have downloaded pictures but I'm having a hard time getting them to download onto my blog. I will work on that because there were some cute things. Laurie gets major props for the favors: mini chardonnay bottles (they were Barefoot brand so they had a little blue foot on them) with a pack of m&m's tied to it with a little note. They were awesome! And I fixed a white wine sangria that turned out to be a hit. It was the first time I tried it so I was a little worried but everyone loved it. I also have pictures of the diaper cake and great pics from our 'smell the baby food' game - that was hilarious!! Anyway, I will try to get those pictures up tomorrow.

We've had a great weekend. It's been one full week of Brian working at Texas State and he's still in love with his job. He was excited about not having to work this weekend because if he was still at CVS, it would have been his weekend to work. We took total advantage of it and did nothing :) Actually, yesterday we did do some grocery shopping and scoped out some tomato plants for me. Mostly, we stayed inside with the heater on because it was freezing and super windy here on the first day of spring. Today, I went and picked up my tomato plants from HEB (those were the best looking ones and the cheapest) and stopped by Sam's to pick up some chicken breasts for $1.49/lb! I planted my tomato plants and the one banana pepper plant and pulled some weeds out of the yard (a whole other story!). It was a semi-productive day including cleaning and laundry and Brian cooked a yummy dinner. We've discovered the best marinaded chicken at HEB and it's SO easy to make! So all in all, it was a productive yet relaxing weekend. We've also been caught up in the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family so that and NCAA March Madness have been about the only things on tv.

It's time to get back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow though. Oh, and just to make mention, Brian and I have decided to plan a skiing trip for Christmas break this year since we will both have 2 weeks off. We have talked about this forever so this will be the year. We are already looking at ski gear (since it's on sale!) and places to stay! :) I love planning trips!

Pop back in tomorrow for some cute pics!

2 comments:

  1. so i guess we're not in "east Texas" since we're in the DFW area. but to a non-Texan it's still "east texas"... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it all depends - if you've picked up the ET accent, then you can claim that you are ET :) Hope you are enjoying Texas - I can tell that you fit right in!

    ReplyDelete