Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dreams do come true...kind of

Today was 49er day! My title says it all: Brian's dream came true when we arrived at Candlestick Park. He loves the 49ers and we had great seats. The 'kind of' part comes in because the beloved 49ers lost 48-10.

We rode the Muni bus to the Park:


Once we got there, Brian was like a kid in the candy store. He was in love :)

We got there pretty early and were able to watch some warm up and just take everything in. The stadium is definitely in need of updates but it was so neat to see so many 49er fans since we never see any in Texas :)


Here is the back side of Coach Mike Singletary. I like him a lot...he's old school and that is not common in the NFL. We got to watch the individuals warm up early on and then the entire team came out for their warm-up.



Two of the SF Goldrush Cheerleaders:


We got to see Brandon Jones play a couple of plays. I had my eye on him the entire time hoping that he would get in there but he is just coming back from an injury. He got in on a play at the beginning of the game and then a few more towards the end. I could tell he was eager to get in because he was always stretching and was right next to the coach the entire time that the Niners were on offense. It was so neat to know someone out there and have someone to cheer for.

He also was always out helping the QBs warm up.

It was quite an experience, getting to finally see the 49ers. Brian had a blast even though they lost. I am so glad that we got to do this while we were out here. We are already thinking about making another trip out for next football season. Hopefully in the near future, the Niners will have a new stadium that we could come enjoy. This was definitely the highlight of the trip and a great way to cap it off.

After the game, we rode the bus back to town and got off on Lombard St. I wanted to see the "crookedest street in America" before we left. We climbed up the biggest hill ever to get there but it was really neat. There were cars lined up for about a mile just to drive down the street. And I couldn't believe that there were houses on that street. People actually live there - I can't imagine trying to park your car on that street just to get home!




And a picture that I should have posted on the first day is below. A picture of our hotel. As I wrote on our review card for the hotel, the only drawback was the size but it certainly would not stop me from staying here again. The staff was extremely helpful with food recommendations and directions. The hotel character and charm was fabulous. The bed was heavenly! And tonight, for our last dinner in the city, we ate at the Italian restaurant that is part of the hotel and it was so delicious. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Tomorrow is our long day of travel. It is good-bye city of SF, hello wide open space of Texas. I have loved San Francisco but I am always eager to get back to Texas. (Even though I will be without my dogs for 3 more days - sad!)

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment