Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I despise Halloween

Yes, it's true...I really do hate Halloween.

Yes, I love the candy. But I can get that anytime of the year.





Yes, I think the little kids all dressed up as Winnie-the-Pooh & Piglet are adorable.



What I HATE is the grown-ups dressed up in scary masks and I especially despise haunted houses!

Some of my friends from work went to a haunted house last weekend and I had goosebumps and nervous stomach when they were re-living the scary stuff. I hate them.

I hate scary movies. I just don't like scary stuff in general.

So, for the most part, in years past I have just boycotted Halloween. One year, though, Brian and I did dress up as a hillbilly wedding couple for an Eagle Angel party. It was fun but just not my cup of tea.
Anyway, this year, we are joining my cousin who has 2 kids for some trick-or-treating and a little get-together at their house. We are not planning on dressing up BUT last night while watching my regularly scheduled J&K+8, I thought HOW PERFECT! IF (big IF) we were dressing up, it would be so perfect for us to be Jon & Kate (in the happy years, of course!). You all know how obsessed and very loyal I am to this show and it would just be perfect. They were talking about the "Kate" wig that is out this year.



I figured I can do the wig with the mini-skirt, purple shirt and red jacket from one of the photos that is often used in magazines. Brian could put on some (fake) Ed Hardy and some earrings (of course, that is post happy years Jon) but it would just be perfection. And yes, I know Brian is Mexican and not Asian but we could so make it work!
But, let's go back to that BIG IF :) We won't be dressing up this year but it was a nice thought.
So I guess I have the Baahumbug-ness when it comes to Halloween. But I just really don't like any aspect of it....especially the scary movies and haunted houses!
Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment