Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Football, Halloween and Good-byes

It's been awhile, I know but do I need to tell you AGAIN how busy it's been at work and how when I get home, I don't even think about blogging. I plop my butt on the couch and watch some tv, usually after I make dinner and walk Simba :)

I haven't updated lately and therefore, I have missed my shout-outs to the Indians and Bobcats. They both won last weekend. The Bobcats pulled off an unexpected win against SFA with a great homecoming crowd and the Indians scrapped by with a 21-14 win over Corsicana. We finish up this week with Waco Midway and then it's the playoffs. I have my fingers crossed that we go further than the first or second round. It would just be the cherry on top of this season :)

However, I do have a short vent on the topic of our 9-0 Indians. To quote my sister, if 9-0 isn't good enough for you, go find another bandwagon. I don't understand Hachie fans. I know there are always going to be those that can never be pleased but for the 10 years that we have been at Waxahachie, the fans have never rallied around our team and really showed support. They sit in the stands like bumps on a log until the coach makes a call they don't agree with. That is the ONLY time you will find our Hachie fans up off their butts. It is ever so frustrating to watch as we are screaming and yelling to support our team, NO MATTER WHAT! Even if the quarterback fumbles the ball, even if a player misses a huge block, even if that kicker misses a field goal...you will ALWAYS find us cheering and supporting those Indians. Can't say the same for the fans. And yes, I will add that it is fine if they want to disagree with a call that is made by the coaches...I disagree sometimes too. But I can guarantee that those coaches can't hear those fans cussing at them all the way on the field but you know who can hear it? The wives and kids...they don't need to know that you think their dad/husband is a stupid son-of-a-bitch. That is what Quarterback Club meetings are for - every Monday night. I promise my dad will sit and listen to you talk about what a horrible coach he is because that's the kind of guy that he is. But I won't tolerate it. Just know that - those coaches wives and kids will fight back. And I would hope that your wife or kid would fight back for you too if someone was calling you names. whew - that "short" vent turned into something larger :) I just had to get it off my chest, which is what is great about a blog - it's mine and I can ramble all I want!

On another topic: Halloween! As said in a previous post, I really don't like Halloween. However, the night before Halloween, Brian and I watched Saw IV. It was nasty and scary but I really liked it...the Saw movies are, I think, the only scary movies that I like. On Halloween, we went trick-or-treating with my cousin and her kids. We had a caravan going around the block! We had 6 adults, 4 kids, two strollers and a cooler of beer :) It was fun - the kids were cute. They kept yelling "trick-or-treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat". Too funny! And it was great to hang out with the kids. We haven't been over there in a few months - I've been such a bad cousin! However, I have to tell you, hanging out with 4 kids on Halloween (or anytime for that matter) is the best birth control ever :) It feeds us our baby craving and we get to play house for a little bit. Then, we get to go home and sleep in :) haha

My last topic of the three in my title is good-byes. A friend from work, who now reads my blog (Hi Debra!) took a job at Northern Illinois. I am so extremely happy for her. It is a change that I think she needed to refocus and just have some change in the work area. I think it is an awesome adventure that will give her new experience and new relationships. HOWEVER, I'm still a very sad person because I had to say good-bye to a great friend. Of course, we will still keep in touch but she won't be just down the hall anymore. She has been someone that I can vent about things to and get marital advice from :) It has been awesome working with her and she will be awesome at her new job...but I'm still sad :(

That's all for my forever long post - but I had to get in, like, 6 days worth of stuff! Oh, and p.s., one of my friends from UNT and fellow blogger, Erin, is pregnant! (Hi Erin!). I'm excited for them but also excited because she is doing a baby blog and I love baby blogs :) It's so fun to read about the experiences and changes that happen when a baby comes along. I know one day that will be me (you know I will be blogging about it) and it is just so fun!

Oh, one more thing, I made Kelly's quick chicken pot pie last night - DELICIOUS! I will put the receipe below but you can also click here for the recipe and others and try it out. I loved it.

Until next time - Much Love!

Ingredients
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper, optional
1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
1 cup milk
1 stick melted butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, carrots, and peas. Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over the layers. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment