Friday, November 6, 2009

High School Football

The smell of the grass/turf.

The smell of sweat, pride, hard work, anxiety.

The electricity that you can feel walking through a group of 16-18 year old boys warming up for a friday night football game.

The nervousness and butterflies that won't leave your stomach.

The clicking of the scoreboard clock counting down until kick-off.

The smell of popcorn at the concession stand.

The blinding brightness of the stadium lights.

This is what I love. High School Football.

It's really quite an obsession, I know. I went to my first game when I was 6 mos. old and still can't get enough.

There is something so true and pure about the love of the game at this level.

There is also something so awesome about the coaches that coach at this level.

There is something about the family that you gain when you are a coaches kid.

It's in my blood.

Sometimes it is easier to breathe on a cool Friday night at a football stadium with your coaching family surrounding you, yelling for your hometown team.

It's a part of me that I can't imagine living without.

I. Love. HS Football. (especially TEXAS HS Football!)

Good Luck to those Indians tonight. I'd like to see a 10-0 team tonight go into the playoffs strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment