Monday, September 28, 2009

Memory Walk for Alzheimer's

Oh, What a weekend!

I really need to get my internet set up at the house because I've been wanting to blog all weekend :)

Friday night, I went to San Antonio with friends to Fogo de Chao. What a great time! It was not what I expected but in a good way. It is a Brazilian restaurant that serves lots of meat. It is pretty expensive but the food is so good. Definitely worth the splurge!
I was so upset because I did not even take my camera out to snap pictures (too busy eating, I guess). These waiters were running around with skewers of meat and knifes...and I mean, really running. It was so entertaining and full of people-watching opportunities, for sure.
Saturday, we got up super early and went to the Memory Walk in SA. Walking to End Alzheimer's. I went with some girls from work (shout out to Laurie & Jackie - the only readers of my blog for now :) Jackie's husband's mother passed away from Alzheimer's recently and he picked up this cause and raised some big money this year! What an awesome way to keep the memory of his mother alive!


I joined Ant's team because I appreciate what he is doing to help the fight with Alzheimer's. My family has been struck by cancer and I lost my grandma in August to ovarian cancer. I am a very firm believer in continuing to fight for the cause that your loved one fought for. Sometimes it feels like you can't or couldn't do much to help that person but joining an organization or a fundraising effort for research can be your way to help your loved one and maybe yourself one day.


The walk was only 1.5 miles and some good exercise. There were so many dogs there, big & small:



After some IHOP for breakfast, it was certainly nap time. Only to wake up and head to the Texas State football game. We won, 56-18 (I think). Here is a picture of the Texas Southern band.
They were amazing. They played and danced to Thriller. I didn't get to watch the first part of the game because I was working and then I was too tired to stay for the second half.

Sunday was rest day, grocery store day and Grey's Anatomy day :) I got plenty of rest of a busy Saturday and got to finally watch Grey's.

Gotta go now because I need to catch up on Brothers & Sisters! :) I love fall TV!

*Countdown to SF: 10 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment