Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quick Post

Just a quick post today because once again, it has been crazy busy. I've been in meetings, it seems, all day so when 5 o'clock rolls around I actually get to work on stuff that needs to be done in my office.

Anyway, made those ribs last night. They turned out really good. Brian LOVED them :) Said they were the best thing I've ever made - which I don't know if that is a compliment or not. (In case you dont' know, I am a horrible cook and I don't enjoy it very much - which is why I married Brian. He loves to cook and is good at it!).

I was going to show you a picture of the ribs in the slow cooker but it is not too appetizing. The smell, though, when I walked in the house was yum! Here is a pic of the final product:If you don't like soy sauce, you won't like this. My sister suggested putting them over rice since they are asian ribs but we had rice the night before so I did potatoes au gratin and green beans (my fave!). This is so easy to fix because you can mix the sauce the night before and refridgerate and then throw it all in the crockpot in the morning. Receipe from my sister:

1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
2-3 cloves garlic
3-10 jalapenos
ribs (frozen or thawed)

chop garlic. mix soy sauce, sugar, garlic and water in a bowl. put ribs in crockpot and cover with mixture. add jalapenos. Cook on low for 8 hours (less if ribs are thawed).


That's all I have today. I will leave you with a picture of a Sonoma County vineyard. I am hoping to take pictures like this in California...cannot wait for the wine country!

~*~Countdown to SF: 8 days! *~*

No comments:

Post a Comment