Thursday, September 17, 2009

Patrick Swayze

In my last post, I spaced. I had every intention of making a mention of Patrick Swayze's death. Besides George Strait, he's the other hunk I'd marry :) I have loved him since I was little and fell in love with Dirty Dancing. I always wanted to be Baby, just for the idea of having Swayze's strong, muscley arms dancing with me. I was very saddened by his death and watched Barbara Walter's special interview with him and his wife, Lisa. Of course, I balled my eyes out. But I also found out that before his death, he finished his memoir called The Time of My Life. I'm not a big memoir reader but this is one book I will be reading. Patrick Swayze fought a hard fight against his cancer and will certainly be remembered.

In different news, we have a busy weekend coming up. I am not sure if I'm ready for a busy weekend. I've been exhausted all week and I really just want a lazy weekend. However, after a good night's sleep last night, I am a little more prepared ;) Brian and I are headed to Waxahachie this weekend, on Friday. Those Hachie Indians play Lancaster on Friday. We will be a little late to the game but it will be a good one so I'm excited. If you know me, you know I LOVE my high school football. On Saturday, Texas State Volleyball will be playing SMU and then we will head over to the TxSt/TCU football game. Busy but if I'm gonna be busy, I'd rather it be with sports than anything else!


I was at our academic center yesterday and was super excited by the fact that I saw one of my athletes walk by with "My Sister's Keeper" in her hand. If you have not read Jodi Picoult, you need to. She is a fantasic writer and her books are a different kind of read. There is always a moral argument in them that makes you think but she does a great job of showing both sides of the issue. I don't have much else going on. Brian is off today and it's a beautiful day so I wish I was off too. Well, even if it was rainy and nasty, I would still be wishing I was off :) We are going to dinner tonight - Olive Garden - so I will get plenty of salad and breadsticks. Yum!
Oh! Forgot to mention - I am in a Total Wellness Program at the University. It is basically step classes that are offered during lunch and after work. Since it's right down the hall, I decided to try it out. I quit Curves and this new program has been fantastic. It kicked my butt today but I already feel better. I've only been doing the classes for 3 weeks now but hopefully in another 3 weeks, I can measure and be able to tell you that I've lost inches!
Tomorrow is Friday!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment