Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shelving and Reunions

I'm back! :) and I've already missed a day! Just some things that have been going on with us lately:


During Labor Day weekend, Brian and I actually labored :) We put up shelving in the garage. It was our first project and even though it's not our house (we rent), it was fun and functional. I buy a lot of stuff in bulk and store it in the garage so the shelves helped get things off the ground. We also cleared out trash and had a donation box. I still need to take some stuff to the animal shelter (sheets, beds, etc.) but it looks so much better! Below is a picture of Brian working on the shelves (posing, really!)



Then last weekend, I went to Waxahachie to hop in the car with my parents to go to East Texas. I grew up in Texarkana and 10 years ago this fall, Liberty-Eylau won their first state championship in football. My dad was the head coach and it was such an awesome time! So this year, the school hosted a reunion of that championship team. It was interesting to see some folks that I have not see in yeeears! I was a little disappointed that more players did not turn out but my dad had a great time and it was fun to remember those times. Hopefully this year, Waxahachie will bring my dad another state championship! Go NDNS! Here are some pics from the weekend:


That's my mom with some family friends



The State Championship trophy, ring sample, and cake


My dad, some coaches, and some of the players


The "original" coaches kids without my sister, who refused to go with us: Me, Jordan, Kevin, & Kendall


And on one last note, our San Francisco trip is just a few weeks away! Here's a pic (Brian will kill me) of Brian with our 49er tickets. He is so excited! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment