Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Blideside

The only thing on my agenda today was to go to the movies to see 'The Blideside'. Brian hasn't been too enthusiastic to see it with me the past couple of weeks so I thought: I'll go by myself! This movie has not been a priority on my list either - I know, surprise! Most people thought that since it was a football movie that I would be in line at the theater when it came out. I don't know why - because I was interested for sure - but I've just put it on the back burner, kinda take it or leave it.

I'm glad that I saw it. I knew about the story before the movie since, I think, ESPN did a whole story on him when he got drafted by the Ravens. I think it is a fantastic story and definitely tugs at your heartstrings. I loved the message of the story and I loved that they used football as a metaphor for protecting the people that you love, even if they are not your 'real' family...you protect their blideside and they protect yours.

As for my review, it was good. It wasn't great but it's a movie that will go on our movie shelves. It certainly doesn't beat my #1 'Remember the Titans' but it was a good movie. I think the cinematic story side of it was just enough, not too much. It made my chin quiver and my eyes a little wet but I never cried :) It was definitely a feel good story and made you laugh some in between. I also love that it's a true story because you can leave that movie theater and continue to root for Michael Oher (I don't know if that's really how you spell it) while he plays in the NFL.

Now for my movie experience: I must say that I typically go to the movies on a Sunday morning - the first showing - so that I can be in that theater with as few people as possible. I know, that's very negative of me, but people are the #1 reason that I do not go to the movie theater very often. I hate that people are on their phones, that they can't stop talking and that they brought their 2-year old to the midnight showing of Harry Potter. I mean, really? I just rent movies and have Netflix to save myself the irritation. Today, I went to the first showing and was happy to see that I was in the room with mostly older couples and a couple mother/daughter combos. It was a pleasant experience but I would have to sit right behind the lady with the most annoyingly, high-pitched, loud laugh EVER! :) I dealt with it and really enjoyed the movie.

Now I'm watching some Ellen (who I LOVE!) and Oprah. Tomorrow the only thing on my agenda is to pack and be ready to leave when Brian gets home. The dogs will be bathed and I'll clean a little house and be packed and ready.

We are doing Christmas Eve at Brian's parents house and then Christmas day at my parent's house. We've done this for the past 3 years and it has worked out so well. We are looking forward to being home even if it is only for a little bit.

If I don't blog before Christmas, Merry Christmas to all of you! I have a very small following but they are all people who are very important in my life and I wish every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a great time with your families.

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment