Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!

I read on A Blonde Ambition's blog today that she made some New Year's Intentions instead of Resolutions :) You know, these are the things that I intend to do in 2010. So I thought I would share my intentions with you too. There are not many:

1. Save more money.
- Brian and I have been doing good in 2009 to save money but I would like to make a larger effort in 2010. I would love to buy a house sometime soon and obviously, we need money to do that.

2. Continue to work out and eat better.
- Cliche, I know. But since August I have been doing the wellness program at the school and I am loving it. I feel better and think I've lost some inches. I need to eat better and over the break, acutally, I've been doing really well. Besides yesterday when we had Chilis AND Panda Express, I've cut back on my helpings and had a lot of salad. Simba also needs to lose some major weight so we will work on that too!

3. Find a church home
- I've talked about doing this for the 3 years that we've been in San Marcos and we haven't made any effort to find a church to go to. I've always had a problem with comparing all churches to the one that I grew up in and none have measured up. But since we are in a town without our family, I just feel like finding a church will help us feel at home, provide support & show us some new friends.


That's really about it. I was going to put that I want to travel more but that would be kind of counter-productive to my number one intention - to save money! :) However, my cousin is getting married in Colorado this summer and Ali is planning a trip to South Dakota with my grandparents. We went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago and this will be another great trip. So I will still get my travel in without spending too much money.

We don't have any plans for tonight. I told Brian that we are just grateful to not be sick this year. I think we have spent pretty much every nye sick for the past 5 years or so. Last year was the worst with the flu. Yuck! Brian has to work tomorrow so we won't be up late.

We are going to Waxahachie again for the weekend. We felt like we didn't get to just hang out with our families last weekend for Christmas since we were only there for less than 24 hours.

I hope that you all have a great NYE and wish you a very happy and blessed 2010!

Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment