Monday, January 4, 2010

Oh Winter Break, how I will miss thee!

I look forward to winter break every year. By the time December rolls around, the kids (students, that is) are wearing me plum out. I am ready for them to climb in their cars and go let their mommas take care of them for awhile. I am ready to have me time. I am ready to read 3 books and go see a movie, all by myself! I am ready to, yes, go into work during the break so that I can get things done in the peace and quiet. I am ready to sleep until noon if I want to or just lay in bed and watch movies alllll day long. I channel my inner college student during winter break, really.

But then January rolls around. And it's time to go back to work. And today, I didn't mind going back to work. I was refreshed and ready for the day. I had finished all of the demanding things over the break so I wasn't overwhelmed when I returned. I love all of my children and now I am ready to greet them back with open arms. I am ready to tend to their sometimes whiney needs. I love my job and while I sometimes need a good, long, relaxing, kid-free break, it's always nice to come back.

I will miss that good ole winter break but I know that it's second cousin, spring break is just around the corner - no doubt she will roll around right when I need it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment