Friday, January 15, 2010

Can you find Simba?

Simba was snuggled up in my snuggie tonight :) so I couldn't resist taking this picture. Isn't he a cutie?

Guess who finally "figured out" how to put pictures on her computer? :) That's right, me! I was in a dilemma because I thought I needed my camera software on the computer and my computer does not have a cd drive. My friend, Laurie, suggested using my sd slot that came on my computer, which I hadn't even thought of. (Are we figuring out yet that I'm slow on the computer thing?) Anyway, turned out that my sd card was too small for that slot. So genius me realized tonight that I could just use my usb that came with the camera to download pics - duh!

But as always, this one picture is all I have to share today :) I am going to a birthday party tomorrow for my cousin's little girl so I will make sure to take pictures!

Besides my camera/computer ignorance, I was really going to blog today about South Dakota. I am planning a trip for the summer with my sister and my grandparents. We took a trip together two summers ago to the Grand Canyon and had a great time. That trip definitely gave us memories to hold for a long time and I hope that this one will make some of the same.

So I've been researching because, as usual, I am the planner. I take the role on with pride and I really have so much fun doing it. I received some information on planning a trip to SD (and yes, I requested it) the other day and so this weekend I plan to dive right into it. But today, I thought I'd share with you some fun facts that was on one of the handouts that I was sent:

  • South Dakota ranks 16th in size among the 50 states.
  • It was the 40th state to join the Union in 1889.
  • SD encompasses 77,123 square miles, averaging 10 people per square mile.
  • SD has more miles of shoreline than the state of Florida.
Another thing about SD is that it is so very close to the state of Montana, a state that I have longed to visit for-ev-er. I don't know why, but I have always been intrigued by and pulled to that state for some reason.

Okay, I'm sure you'll be hearing more about this trip in the future. Here are some pics of what we hope to see:



And here's one of Montana:

No comments:

Post a Comment