Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spotlight on Gus

As I go through my pictures, I always enjoy looking at pictures of my dogs when they were puppies. So, since I don't have too much going on to post blogs about, I am going to spotlight my pups in pics :)

Gus Gus - he's my middle child and the most cuddly, loving little dog ever. Here's his first snow:
He loves to be petted. He is the lap dog that I always wanted.

He sleeps right between me and Brian because he likes to be under the covers but likes for his face to be exposed. He likes to lay right up on one of our backs.


He was the tiniest puppy.
This is around the 1 year mark. He loves anyone who pets him. He is always a little guarded at first but if you get your hand on his tummy, he will be your best friend.
He's always eager to please and willing to forgive. If he does something bad, you know it cause he hides under the bed. And he hates to be yelled at. But then he'll creep up to you and roll over to expose his tummy - his kind of peace agreement.


This was the first time that Gus met Ali. He greets us at the the door everyday with a little growl and then whines of excitement.
This was the first night he came to live with us. He had fleas everywhere and he was too young to get a flea bath. We had to bath him with a special shampoo and Brian and I took turns sleeping on the couch with him for the first few nights because we didn't want him in our bed.


This was where Gus spent most of the first day with us. He didn't know what to think of Simba and he was a little scared so he just hung out by the trash can. I think he missed his sister. It broke my heart.


His nails were so long. He was in pretty bad shape and needed to be cleaned up. But he sure was cute.


This is his favorite hoodie. He has a new sweater. Gus loves to be in sweaters or hoodies. He gets pretty cold and likes to cuddle up in something.


Teen years - he's chewing up a toy. All my dogs just chew up toys. Nope, no playing, just chewing.


And here is Gus with Brian. Brian claims that Gus is his dog. They are buddies.
We are lucky people to have Gus as our child, errr, dog. He is always in the mood to cuddle and love on you. He is always very attentive - if you're sad, he knows and cuddles. Maybe it's just because he likes belly rubs :) Gus is a pretty awesome dog and we couldn't imagine life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment