Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Gianna!


Well I'm a day late. And I even had something to post about - Gianna's 1st birthday!!

My cousin, Dawn, has a little baby girl that turned one last week. We had her party on Saturday and it was entertaining :) I don't ever know what to think about one year old parties. You know the kid doesn't have a clue as to what is going on and won't remember it but the smashing of the cake and the opening of the presents is fun all the same.
She got a ton of presents and the cutest clothes ever!

However, her favorite present was from me! I got her a doll and I was worried cause I thought it would be too heavy for her - she just started walking so I didn't want it to make her topple over :) Anyway, she loved it!

She also loved her cake. There was no hesitation as she dug right in. She started with the icing and then finally just started taking chunks of cake. It was quite funny. Then she started playing peek-a-boo with her cake filled hands. I didn't have my camera out for that part but I wish I had - she had cake all over her eyes and into her hair. She got a bath after but the rest of the day she had a slight tint to her face. Did I mention her cake had red and black icing? :)



It was a fun day and a special celebration. Happy 1st Birthday Gianna! (I now I have funny pictures for you when your 14 years old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment