Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fun/Lazy Weekend

Brian and I have had a great weekend.

Saturday we went to a Home and Garden show with Laurie in Austin at the Austin Convention Center. It was neat - would have been better if we had a home or garden :) - but I had fun. After that, we walked over to PF Changs - my fave! I stuffed my face! It was great. We don't go there often but always enjoy it when we get a chance to go.

Saturday evening, we (Brian, myself and Laurie) went to TGI Fridays and a movie in San Antonio. We went to see Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson. It was good but not totally my type of movie - too much shootin :P Brian loved it and I kept saying that it was my dad's kinda movie too - the "shoot em up" type. I enjoyed the day - a good time with great friends!

Today, I slept in until 11:30!!! I know, ridiculous but much needed! I was so tired from Saturday and just the whole week really. So my dear husband let me sleep in and even went to go get the paper for me. I got up and went through the ads and coupons and then we got ready to go grocery shopping.

So, I've started getting into the the couponing thing. We had $25.00 of coupons today at HEB - mostly HEB coupons with the meal deal and combo locos. But then I went to CVS, Walgreens and Target to use some coupons. I've just been using coupons to stock up on things such as shampoo, lotions, toothpaste, etc. that won't go bad. I try not to use coupons just to use coupons but after reading some coupon blogs, I've learned how to match the coupons with sales to stock up for great prices.

After we got home, it was cleaning and laundry time. I've done 6 loads today and I'm still working on the stupid laundry! We've also been flipping between the pro bowl and the Grammys but neither are worth committing to.

It has been a good, fun, relaxing weekend for us. Glad that it's only been cold and not snowing like most of the country - not that snow happens much around here.

As you can tell, I failed to even take out my camera this weekend and I do apologize, although, even if I had taken pictures, I don't have a computer to put them on. Once I get my computer back I will have more pictures for you AND will do my spotlights on Simba and Jasmine as well.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment