Monday, January 18, 2010

Our first "grand" trip


I have been planning this trip to South Dakota and I've also been loading all my pictures onto my little laptop so I can use some in my blog. In doing so, I ran across pictures from our first "grand" trip (get it? grandparents and grandkids, clever I know). We went to the Grand Canyon during summer of 2007 - It was a lot of fun. Here are some of the memories:

My "postcard worthy" picture of the GC at sunrise.
Blurry but another shot at sunrise.
A train in Williams
Me and Nonnie waiting on the bus at the GC. It started out so cold then got warm.
Ali and Papa at the Painted Desert. We drove through the PD and the Petrified Forest on our way to the GC.

Haha, this is the squirrel at the GC. His name is sqwirl. That is what this little girl kept calling him: Daddy, look at this sqwirl.

And this is Ranger Joe. He is the Ranger of all rangers. He was very enthusiastic about the fossils at the GC.

This was such a fun trip and I am really looking forward to the one this summer too!

1 comment:

  1. thanks, that's some good advice! i'm not too much the college partying type anymore... haha ;) nice to "meet" you. it always good seeing fellow texans on here!

    ReplyDelete